We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Quick and easy, the cherry tomato and balsamic vinegar tart recipe is an ideal starter or summer dish, to be enjoyed chilled or warm.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 5 tbsp. brown sugar
- 10 cl of balsamic vinegar
- 2 trays of Cherry tomatoes
- 100 g of grated cow's tomme
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
For the shortcrust pastry:
- 200 g of wheat flour
- 100 g semi-salted butter
- 5 cl of water
Tartlets with cherry tomatoes and balsamic caramel
Prepare the shortcrust pastry:
In a salad bowl,
- Combine the flour, half-salted butter cut into pieces, a pinch of salt and barely enough water.
- Using your fingertips, mix until you get a smooth ball.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry.
- Cut the dough so that it can cover the pie molds. Reserve.
Prepare the balsamic caramel:
In a pot,
- Pour in the sugar and vinegar.
- Heat over low heat until a syrupy consistency is achieved.
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
- Brush 4 tartlets with balsamic caramel, place the cherry tomatoes, taking care to tighten them, sprinkle with cheese.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Cut the shortcrust pastry to the size of the pie tins, cover the tins with it.
- Using a knife, tuck the edges of the dough inside the mold.
- Bake and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Turn the pie over to unmold it.
This transalpine-inspired Tatin, whose texture contrasts the crispness of the dough with the softness of the appliance, plays on the tangy register with balsamic and tomato. This last dimension is always difficult to associate and makes a number of wines aggressive; this is why we should avoid wines that are tannic or have an acid profile. The most obvious combination is with a southern rosé that is very supple, but that we will choose to face the dish, rich and heady like those of the Isle of Beauty. The supporters of red wines will choose it from the same area, with a preference for the small appellation of Palette near Aix en Provence which develops surprising aromas of candied tomato.
Price ideas (in 2013):
- Corsican Rosé 5 to 10 €
- Pallet 16 to 40 €
Butter : It is a source of vitamins D, E, and especially A, essential in particular for the good development of the skeleton, eyes,
intestines, skin or bronchi.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel