We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Here is a delicious recipe for vegetable broth deliciously flavored with Auvergne blue.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 fennel
- 3 podsgarlic
- 4 onions white with their stems
- 1 leek
- 1.25 l of vegetable broth
- 60 g of wheat semolina (or other)
- 40 g of Bleu d'Auvergne
- 4 pinches of gomasio
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Vegetable broth with Auvergne blue cheese
- Wash and peel the vegetables.
- Finely slice the fennel.
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves.
- Cut the stems of the onions, slice them into rings then slice the onions.
- Finely slice the leek.
- In a large saucepan, pour the broth, bring it to a boil and add the vegetables. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Rinse the wheat semolina in cold water and drain it. 3 minutes before the end of cooking, pour it into the vegetable broth. Adjust seasoning.
- Pour into small bowls, crumble the cheese and season with gomasio.
Depending on the season, this delicious broth can be consumed hot or cold.
Find out more about Bleu d´Auvergne
A cheese of character, Bleu d'Auvergne was born in the mid-19th century from the passion of an Auvergne farmer who had the idea of inoculating curdled milk with rye bread mold. Thus were born the first blues of Auvergne. Over time, this generous-tasting marbling has built a solid reputation that has continued to grow to this day.
Made mainly in the south of Puy-de-Dôme and in the north of Cantal, this blue is rich in its terroir with volcanic soil and immense grasslands whose abundant and diverse flora allows the cows that feed on it to produce a high quality milk.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel