We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A delicious pancake or potato cake of Breton origin, the Kouign patatez (potato cake) is easy to make.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 800 g of potatoes
- 220 g semi-salted butter
- 180 g flour
- 1 egg
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Read also :
- Vegetable garden: how to grow potatoes well
- Health: benefits and virtues of potatoes
Kouign-patatez (potato cake)
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cook them in a large pot of salted water for about 25 minutes. Drain and pass them through a vegetable mill.
- Melt 210 g of butter.
- Place the mash in a bowl, add the flour, the melted butter (keep 10 g of this melted butter to finalize the cake) and the egg.
Season and mix well.
- Line a missing mold with 10 g of semi-salted butter. Place baking paper on the bottom and edges. Pour the mixture into the mold. Smooth the top and pour in the remaining melted butter.
- Bake and bake the potato cake for about 35 minutes.
Take out of the oven and enjoy this cake as a single dish in the evening or as an accompaniment to meat or fish.
Find out more about the potato
South American tuber cultivated for 8000 years, the potato is brought back to Spain in the XVIth century by the conquistadors and quickly cultivated in Europe, except in France where it is then considered as dangerous food and only given to pigs. It was only at the end of the 18th century that it was massively cultivated there, thanks to the work of the famous pharmacist and nutritionist Antoine Parmentier.
Vegetable garden: how to grow potatoes well
Health: benefits and virtues of potatoes
Well-being and butter
It is a source of vitamins D, E, and especially A, essential in particular for the good development of the skeleton, eyes, intestines, skin or bronchi.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel