We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Both gourmet and fragrant, this recipe for coral lentil soup with haddock, turmeric and dill is a delight.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 3 onions
- 150 g of vitelotte potatoes
- 1 fillet of smoked haddock
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon of turmeric
- 180 g of lenses coral
- 75 cl of cold chicken stock
- 2 sprigs of dill
- 2 tbsp. heaped heavy cream
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Red lentil soup recipe
- Peel and mince the onions.
- Peel, wash and cut the vitelotte potatoes into small cubes.
- Remove the skin from the haddock and crumble it. Keep it cool.
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter and brown the chopped onions. Add the small diced vitelottes and turmeric.
Mix together for 2 minutes.
- Add the coral lentils previously run under cold water. Add the cold chicken broth to the vegetables, then simmer for 20 minutes.
Check the seasoning.
- Slice the dill branches and pour into the soup.
- Add the cream. Mix and bring to a boil.
- Add the crumbled haddock just before serving.
- Garnish with sprouted shoots, haddock and a dash of cream.
This recipe can be used as a main course for dinner. You can replace the haddock with smoked herring, trout or salmon.
Learn more about lenses
From the family of legumes (split peas, red beans, broad beans, etc.), red lentils are used in Asian cuisine, mixed with rice and spices. Peeled red lentils (hence the orange color), they lend themselves well to making soups because, devoid of their shell, they melt quickly when cooked.
Read also :
- grow lentils well
- health benefits and virtues of lenses
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel