We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Here is a soup of carrots with mimolette, original and terribly smooth.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1.5 kg of carrots orange and purple
- 2 onions roses
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 70 cl of water
- 50 g of old mimolette
- 1 orange
- 3 strands of chive
- 10 cl of organic apple juice
- Fleur de sel, freshly ground pepper
Carrot soup with mimolette (hot or cold)
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- Peel the onions and mince them.
- Cut the carrots into 1 cm thick slices.
- In a Dutch oven, brown the carrots and onions in 20 g of semi-salted butter for about 5 minutes.
- Pour 70 cl of cold water over the vegetables, season and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Grate the mimolette.
- Squeeze the orange and chop the chives.
- Take the carrots and onions from cooking, place them in a blender, add a little cooking water, apple juice and orange juice.
- Pour into a Dutch oven, add the rest of the cooking water to slightly thin the soup. Keep warm, check the seasoning.
- When ready to serve, add the chopped chives and the grated mimolette.
This recipe can be enjoyed cold. In this case, add a little more orange juice and season with a fennel seed salt.
Find out more about the carrot
Purple carrot : Ancestor of our carrot contemporary, its domestication would have appeared in the tenth century, first in the present region of Afghanistan, then in Asia and Europe. Its color is given to it by a natural pigment (anthocyanin) also present in plums, the vitelottes, the blackberries, the blueberries, the eggplants, the black Grappe…
Recipe: T. Debéthune, Photo: C. Herlédan